When it comes to fashion and style, there are many successful, powerful and world recognized household names and one of which is the famously known MICHEAL KORS. In 1977, Kors enrolled at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City,however he dropped out after only nine months and took a job at a boutique across from Bergdorf Goodman on 57th Street, where he was given a small space to sell his designs. Shortly after, Dawn Mello, the fashion director at Bergdorf, discovered Kors. Kors is a huge brand and name when it comes to the runway and in addition to the Michael Kors runway collection, the MICHAEL Michael Kors and KORS Michael Kors lines were launched in 2004. KORS is considered the mid-tier line, between the runway and MICHAEL collections. The MICHAEL line includes women's handbags and shoes as well as women's ready-to-wear apparel. The KORS line contains footwear and Jeans. Currently, Kors has full collection boutiques in New York, Beverly Hills, Palm Beach, Manhasset, and Chicago. 2013 marked Kors' fifteenth year in business.
Here are some of the fashion tips the successful, well accomplished designer had to give;
1. Don't put a round peg in a square hole. Buy clothes based on your silhouette.
...or use this
2. Try buying tailored jackets, coats, dresses, and pants in neutral colours.
3. Trends are not edicts. if a new style doesn't work for your body and lifestyle, walk away.
4. Try on a few sizes first. Every designer cuts differently, so don't get stuck to a number.
5. Have things tailored, the way something fits makes all the difference.
6.For contrast, add something sleek or tailored to something over the top:e.g a tuxedo jacket over dress
7.Combine covered arms with bare legs; classic trousers with plunging neckline;conservative dresses with an outrageous shoe.
8. Aviator sunglasses make any outfit sexy and mysterious.
9. Join the metal brigade- chunky meanswear watches, bold link bracelets, oversize rings are easier to wear than explosive earrings and necklace.
10. Find a celebrity with your body shape, coloring and style, use that as a template for your wardrobe.
11. Saddle-coloured leather bags, shoes, belts are great neutrals that get better with age and will work year round, with every colour and texture in your closet.
12. Bare metallic sandals go with everything from bikini to whites to jeans to a dress.
13. Great style means having a point of view , but evolving your look is even more important. Rushing to embrace every trend will leave you fashionable...but not stylish!!!