Wednesday, 8 January 2014
According to GMA News which was put out 4days ago, gave an insight of what is trending in hair and makeup come this 2014 and its simply Clean and Fresh all the way. Concerning hair and make up, keeping it clean and fresh is the advised way to go, its the new more edgier and sexier look for this season. A tip also from cele makeup artist Paolo Maranan, your focus when it comes to make up is you accentuating your eyes and lips.
Its said that another trend is actually the 'yun nga, Kohl eyeliner,(still looking into what that really is guys, will keep you posted) but this is what is advised “Two sweeps of inner liner na Kohl eyeliner, up and down. Then let it smudge. So it doesn't look that clean, but it's edgy, it's sexier.” Guess its the year of exploring so lets try it out...lol
Also when it comes to lips , gloss, shimmers, glitters should be left behind with 2013. Blush is still on but not so much of a highlight this year, its really more of the eyes and the lips...sounding like fun already. Also heavy foundation is a no no, mosturizing is adviced to be a big trend this year especially when getting that fresh look as the cornerstone of the fresh look is a flawless complextion.
When it comes to lip color this season radiant orchid and plum are the trending colours but keep in mind you have to find the best shade for you skin tone.
Radiant Orchid Lips
Orange and Coral are best for dark skin while Matte and Red are the best bet for fair skin tones.
All in all, when it comes to colours, bright, electric shades of the 80s funk look is reportedly your best friend but pastels such as lavender, light pink, and light blue can still hold their own against the turning tides of style.
Now for hairstyle, according to gmanetworks.com chopped hairddos are what will be emerging on the scenes this year. The 70's style of short and textured style are making a comeback. There will be loads of shorter hair not that the long hair are going out just that they will be more of simple ponytails, braids also but this time coiled around the head like a crown.
So this is my thought, inspite of all these new emerging trends, i say you should try all the fun out of them and find whichever works for you and brings out your personality cause in life there are no clean cut rules to anything, so find the best you in 2014 and ROCK ON!!!...
HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN...winks
Sunday, 5 January 2014
First up, let me start by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! yup we made it into another year and its a year with loads of possibilities and i wish you all the courage to explore every last one of them. Speaking about possibilities, fashion once again has left us with sooo many to explore in 2014...yayyyyy. So the desingers have gathered new imnproved styles and rounded them up to make our 2014 ever stylish and i must say its looking might fun. without furtherado lets get right into it shall we?
1.So i remember some time last year i put out a post on the shades that Pantone published as the hues for 2014 and the shade Blue was top on the forecast, so get ready cause 2014 will be raining blue. So when shopping and want to be in trend this year think 50 shades of BLUE, from electric blue to powder blue whatever blue just know its the top colour for 2014 so BUY IT!
2.So here's a clue for this next trend, "IF I WERE A BOY?". yup this year you get to explore what it feels like dress like a boy and loving it at the same time. You wondering what's this all about, its oversized jackets mixed with fitted pieces, keeping it tombyish!!!
3. This is one treand you would want to invest in this stylish year and its the collarless coat. Its a classic trend from the 60's and being embrassed already. Be it a suit, dress, jacket or coat remember to go collarless.
4. No matter what year you find yourself or time, there just somethings that fashion just love to bring back and that is colours, so this year bright bright colurs are in. Embrace top to toe colour, and mix block shades to really make fashion impact, nothing is too daring.
5. Metallic! need i say more? forget you'll look too shinny or like a disco ball. Shimmer, dazzle and shine in reflective silks and metallic hues.
6. Think powerful, in command, warriors, gladiators...the military trend is here and meaner than ever.Go full out military in your jumpsuits, rompers, jacket, dresses you name it modern military is one of the top trend for 2014.
7. Whatever its going to be try soft and pale. From majestic floaty kaftans to structured pastel skirts leave no limit to how you can wear your pastels. Try these Soft candyfloss hue, thinking it will leave you soft and feminine all over.
8. Floral prints...no not ordinary florals that is so last year, make them acid bright and colourfully chaotic, enough to turn heads when you walk by. This year is no time for ordinary go full out bright on your florals.
9. Fire on chic with your slouchy sweater tops, pair them up with pants, shorts or denim whatever you do make them delicate threadbare knits .
10. AH...what is a fashion season without the WHITES. One of the try outs for 2014 is keeping it fresh and clean...in white *winks
11. If they are wide, they are in trend. yes add extra room in your pants cos the wide pants made it back this year. hoorayyyy!